Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Sculpting Project - Baylee

This is my current project, a sculpture of a friend's horse named Baylee. I'll post reference pics at the top and then keep adding pics as the project progresses. My friend knows I'm working on something but hasn't seen the pictures yet (and won't until it's done).
 
  
  
Below is a picture of a Breyer Stablemate that I painted with pastel dust to work out Baylee's color. It turned out just a bit darker than I planned.

I started working on the sculpture on the evening of 1/26/10. You can see the results above. My husband made a comment about a "goose"! The next day the real work began and now there's definitely a horse there.
 
  
  
More progress on 1/31/10.


  
  
Here's an update on 2/9/10. The sculpture is getting close to done. I'm getting anxious to start painting him.


  
  
  
  
  
 
These will be the last pics I put in this post. I'll start a new post for the painting process. Here is Baylee in the process of baking. The foil is covering pieces of damp paper towel that are put over the thinner, more delicate parts so they don't overbake.
 
And here is Baylee with a coat of primer on.

 
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment