Saturday, February 13, 2010

Sierra - full body sculpt

Baylee is almost ready to paint. While I'm painting him, I hope to get some work done on this sculpture I started of Sierra back in December.  I set it aside at the time so I could learn to paint with pastels. And then I started working on another project, and then....well you know how it goes sometimes. :-)  When Baylee is finished, I will be starting another sculpture (similar to the ones of Angel and Baylee) of the Do-Man. My first official commission! I'm so excited because I had so much fun working on him the first time - this will be even better.

 


I'll have to get some pictures of the Breyer Stablemate that I painted up to resemble her and also the ones of Brenda's Gracie.

2 comments:

  1. Barb you have got to be so proud of how it is coming together. You really nailed it. The movements and the structure. Had you done something like before or had any training. I would be so proud to be able to do something like that.
    I also love the story of your dog. He looks like he has so much character. I remember the pictures you had of him on the trail and being near the edge. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb, I'm so glad you linked your blog - it's fun to read about discovering your hidden talent. And boy oh boy do you have talent. I'd like to discuss commissioning one of G. I'll shoot you an email.

    ReplyDelete