Thursday, February 18, 2010

What a week!

First of all, I'm just totally overwhelmed by the responses I've gotten to pics of my work. I can't begin to explain how much the kind words and support have meant to me - thank you so very much. I have a number of orders - enough to keep me busy and out of trouble for quite a while!

I've decided my little artistic venture needs a name and I've asked for suggestions from my friends on GHS. My one request for the name was that it contain "Sundust" - in honor of Angel (Angel of Sundust) and Sierra (Ebbs Sierra Sundust). So far suggestions have included - Sundust Sculptures, The Sundust Sculptor, Sundust Clay Creations, Sundust's Creatures, Sundust Horses, Sundust Studio, Sundust's Creations, Sundust Inspirations. Oh and let's not forget Kate's best idea - Barb's Busts! LOL!!!

I've had a cold all week so haven't gotten much done. I did get a chance to play with all my girls today. They are just so much fun! I picked up an empty feed sack and shook it to get Josie going. While she's cantering around the pen, Lola goes wooshing by me and starts galloping circles around me - little showoff!! They both know the game and when I say "good girl", they come in and collect their cookies and then take off again. In the meantime, Molly wants to play and is running around trying to bark while she carries a rock in her mouth. And Sierra stares across the fence at us, waiting impatiently for her turn. Yes, Sierra and Libby got their turn too - they are just such good girls.

The piece of Baylee is on hold for a couple of days until my orders of epoxy clay get here. I'm going to experiment with that to see if I can get a longer mane on him. I've ordered 4 different kinds (Apoxie Sculpt, Apoxie Clay, Fix-it Sculpt and Amazing Sculpt) to see what I like to work with. I love having an excuse to  try new materials!

I've worked on Sierra a bit this week. She is about the size of a Breyer Classic size horse. I don't know if you can see the changes I've made but here are pics from today. The right side is further along than the left - probably because my reference photo is from this side. :-) Time to go find some more pics and get the left side worked out.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment